Friday, November 9, 2012

DOLLAR STORE TRAY


Even though I put away the stuff from my "summer" mantle I wanted to share with you the tray that I painted from The Dollar Tree.  They have several different aluminum trays that you can choose from.  The trays have pretty detail that takes glaze really nicely.  I used regular wall paint for the tray and then glazed it using Burnt Umber craft paint mixed with a faux glaze.  I then used my Cricut die cutting machine to cut out the word bistro.  I chose bistro because of the picture that is on the mantle.   The total cost of this project was only one dollar since I had everything else I needed.   


Not a bad little project for a dollar



My summer mantle.  I miss it already and it's only been down a month. 

You can see what I did to the little birdie HERE



 What fun cheap projects are you working on?

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment