Monday, October 29, 2012

UPDATED LIVING ROOM


We have a formal living room in our home.  I don't really care for it because it is rarely used.  I do like the fact that it is right off of the foyer and is what you see when you first come in the house.   The white furniture I have in this room was the first furniture my husband and I purchased together when we were married 18 years ago.  I still like it and it has served it's purpose (to look nice and not be used, LOL).   I was tired of just seeing this room and never using it (despite the amazingly comfy couch) so I decided to bring up some books from the basement and purchase a bookshelf to keep them on and now I use it as a reading room.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  It is like having an addition to our home without any of the work.    

The boring living room before


Some things from around the house to fill the shelves.  
I used the basket for the "ugly" books.


The new shelf



Not such a fun experience putting this thing together. 





All prettied up


The after shot - I love that the shelves are opened on the side. 




Well that is all for now.  I'm off to sit back and read.  

Lisa 






1 comment:

  1. Your book case it's so pretty! I like the way it looks in your living room, plus the way you prettier it up! Have a happy and safe week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete