Tuesday, June 19, 2012

HOW TO REMOVE WATER SPOTS FROM WOOD

On Memorial Day we had a cookout.  It was hot out so I decided to keep all the food inside on the kitchen table.  I put down a fairly thick table cloth and used trivets for any hot items.  To my surprise when the party was over and I was cleaning off the table I removed the table cloth and there was a bright white water mark in the shape of one of the trivets.  I have no idea how this happened and was sickened by the thought of having to refinish this table or having to purchase a new one.  I went online and did a little research and saw a post about ironing the table.  I figured at this point it can't get any worse, so I grabbed one of hubby's white T-shirts and the iron.  I set the iron on warm and ironed the T-shirt right on the spot.  After a minute I looked under the T-shirt and the spot started to fade.  I never would have thought of this and have NO idea how it worked but it did.  Thank goodness.  


Today I am linking to the following blogs: 

http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2012/06/121st-table-top-tuesday.html
http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/tuesdays-treasures-90/









What helpful hints do you have to share?

Have a blessed day. 

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Great tip to pass along. Moisture gets under the lacquer finish on the top and causes a white spot. When you heat it up it dries the moisture and the spot goes away. You can use a hairdryer also. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I never really seen anyone actually do this. Thanks for sharing....I know this tip will come in handy down the road!

    Jennifer
    http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little nervous to try it but figured it couldn't be worse than the actual spot. I was surprised that it worked so well. BTW love your blog and am now following you :)

      Delete