Thursday, March 8, 2012

SCRAPS SCRAPS EVERYWHERE

If there is one thing every scrapbooker has it is SCRAP paper.  I try to use my scraps when I can but always seem to have tons left.   A couple years ago, while looking for a specific piece of paper, I had all of my scraps strewn about.  As I looked down I realized how well some of the scraps went with the others so I started pairing them up.  Then I got a brilliant idea.  I got out my sewing machine and started to sew the scraps together (YES, I actually sewed them).  After I had turned them into 12 x 12 pages I looked for embellishments that matched and then added them to the pages.  In the end I had about 45 pre-made scrapbook pages to use at another time.  I just did this again (this time using glue not thread).  I'm so excited to have these pre-made pages to use and even more happy to have only a teenie tiny amount of scraps in my scrap basket.  What scraps I did not use for my pages I cut to 4x6 pieces to use for matting.  The fun part of this method is putting papers together you otherwise would never think of putting together.  

Well that is what I have been up to.   I hope you enjoyed checking out what I do with my scraps. 


Scraps all strewn about (I have to use the floor because 
I don't have enough space on my desk)


Scraps matched by color / theme


Scraps with embellishments added (ribbon, stickers, etc.)


Just a small portion of the completed pre-made pages. 


Another pile of pre-made pages ready for use

So what have you done with your scrap papers lately?

Hope you are having fun with your project today.

Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment