Friday, September 30, 2011

Yard Sale Finds

My community had a yard sale today and although I didn't find a ton of fun things, I found one thing I was looking for, a pencil tree,  YIPPIEEE.  I also found a flower arrangement, which wasn't in the best of shape but looked like it may have potential (my friend thought I was out of my mind for buying it).    After the yard sale we headed out to Hobby Lobby.  I am having a ton of fun at that store and have been there four times since it opened a couple weeks ago.  I bought a few things for the tree and with a pot I already had and some new flowers I redid the flower arrangement.    I still have to add some moss to the pot the tree is sitting in.  I'll finish that up tomorrow (after another round of the neighborhood to check out the yard sales that weren't able to set up today).  


My yard sale finds.  Not bad for about ten bucks.

The pencil tree BEFORE

The pencil tree AFTER


The flower arrangement BEFORE

The flower arrangement AFTER
Have a great weekend!!

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. Don't you just love HL? I go to ours at least once a week and always find treasures. Yesterday hubby bought my late b'day present, a pair of mercury glass lamps with burlap shades, almost identical to the ones from PB at 1/2 price!

    Do I understand that you are a paralegal? So am I! Been working in that field 20+ years but work just 3 days a week now for 2 attys. one is a former judge...he didn't get elected last fall due to party affiliation. They are the nicest people I've ever worked for.

    As for my sunroom, it was added to the house about 20 years ago. But this is the first time I've really fixed it like an actual room...before it had underscaled wicker and not much of anything else....now it "flows" with the rest of my house and I enjoy being in there at last!

    Off for lunch with my sister then watching college football (Auburn)...hope you have a great weekend!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great yard sale finds! I love what you did with them ... they look beautiful all *Falled* up! And, another legal gal here ... worked as a legal secretary for 14+ years ... may end up doing it again someday ... we'll see. Thanks so much for your kind note about my wreaths ... I appreciate it! *Becca* (your newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Judy and Becca. It's nice to meet ladies that not only have the same passion for decorating but are /was in the same field of work as well. It is nice to meet you both :)

    Hope you both are having a wonderful weekend.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I am trying to catch up with new followers and I have so enjoyed find your blog. Love your thrifty finds. I always have so much fun when I find a treasure. Your previous post about the roosters totally stole my heart. I have a ton in my house too. Your fall decor is beautiful. I hope you will join my Table Top Tuesday party with some of your lovely vignettes. I am sure there are many who would love to see how creative you are. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! And I love the urn you have the tree in! I am now following you too! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had a crazy busy week but hopefully I can get back to a better blogging routine this week. Hope you had a nice weekend!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete